Sunday, April 12, 2009

She's Finally Here!

I can't believe that I'm a mom. My water broke on Wednesday night while we were putting Emma's swing together. I was admitted that night and they induced labor at 9:00 the next morning. The laboring wasn't too horrible (thank goodness for epidurals!), but the waiting was. They were concerned that she was going to be too big for me to deliver, but after 20 hours, I was NOT going to have a caesarean. All the hard work paid off in the end; after 2 1/2 hours of pushing, my sweet baby girl was born at 9:56 p.m. on April 9th. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 9 oz. and measured 19 1/2 inches long. And, of course, she is the most beautiful baby in the world. She has lots of dark hair already, and I'm hoping that it will not be curly, like mine. She has Andy's long eyelashes and right now, her eyes are a dark, grayish blue.

We are finally home and while we're still getting the hang of this parenting thing, she is the best thing to ever happen to us. We are truly blessed and loving every minute of it.


0 sweet somethings said: