Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

We don't have a lick of Irish on either of our family trees, but everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day, right?

Emma didn't really get the whole "leprechaun"thing, but she was super excited about a day that celebrated her favorite color--green! The leprechaun might visit our house in the future, but for now, we kept it simple.

We had a special breakfast of rainbow waffles this morning, which I found here.  It was a little time-consuming, but completely worth it when I presented Emma with her very own rainbow. She very sweetly whispered, "A rainbow! Thank you, Mommy!" I'll be making these for every meal. ;)



We had a pretty dreary morning, so we just hung around and watched movies and played. We took a trip to Toys R Us when the sun came out later in the afternoon to look for Easter basket items.  The Easter bunny managed to see through the kids' persuasive pleas for big ticket items to get some good, simple ideas.

Sophia's hair is getting so long, but she refuses to let me put anything in it.  She has already had a haircut, but her bangs grow so quickly and are right back in her eyes. If I try to pull them back in a clip, she rips it out and hands it to me. Tonight I began to experiment with her hair and she wasn't too pleased, but she sure was cute!

Pay no attention to the mismatched rubber bands.
Of course, it wasn't until I put the girls to bed that I realized that I didn't get a picture of them together in their green outfits, but even the luck o' the Irish wouldn't have helped it come out well anyway.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

0 sweet somethings said: