Monday, June 15, 2009

Emma's Baptism


Emma's baptism was yesterday and it was wonderful.  Despite my fears, Emma didn't scream, cry, or poop on our pastor.  She was absolutely perfect (deep down I knew she would be) and slept through most of the service.  She only woke up when the water was poured over her head, and even then, she simply opened her eyes and looked up at Pastor Bob.  I think he's as charmed by her as the rest of us are. Afterward, we had a BBQ at our house to celebrate.  Our parents, sisters, Andy's grandfather, and our friends the Roberts and Beckners all helped us celebrate Emma's big day.  

With Pastor Stelter
Looking like an angel in Mommy's old dress
Emma also had a big day of "firsts."  When our friend Brad was playing with her, she gave her first giggle.  Luckily, we were all around to hear it.  I can't wait to hear more.  I've been doing everything but standing on my head to get her to do it again.  Maybe I'll try that next.

Last night, she slept through the night for the first time.  She went nine hours in between feedings and slept for six and a half hours.  She woke up to eat and then fell right back to sleep for another four hours.  I hope that she wasn't just exhausted from all the attention and that this is a preview of what is to come.  I'm starting to feel normal again!

0 sweet somethings said: