Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Vacation: Day One

I've been looking forward to my Christmas break from school for many reasons. Obviously, the biggest reason is being able to spend time with Emma during my favorite time of year. Today was the first day of our two week adventure and we got an early start. After a trip Babies R Us (a.k.a. our second home) we came home to begin making cookies.

I found a really cute cookie that I couldn't wait to make with Emma this year: Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies. They'll be perfect to leave for Santa. Aren't they cute? I can't wait until both girls are old enough to help, because I think they'll love putting on the eyes and antlers.

Emma helped me by mixing, tasting the quality of the chocolate chips, and by keeping Sasha out of the kitchen by chasing her off and screaming "No kitty!" She's a very good kitchen guard.

Once the cookies were out of the oven and cooled, she took her job as lead cookie taster very seriously. She gave these cookies a 10 out of 10. I know that because after she tasted one, she tried to grab handfuls from the cooling racks.
Despite her attempts, we stopped at one, which was a good thing, since apparently sugar has some side effects...


Stay tuned for Day 2!

0 sweet somethings said: