Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Photo Bomb

I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend. We did a lot of relaxing, grilling, and enjoying extra time with Daddy. We had a busy start to the kickoff of summer.

Emma went to Lowe's on Saturday with her Aunt Tonia and Aunt Kimi. They have a Build and Grow program that lets kids build wooden projects that they get to take home. They even get a little apron and a cool little patch to show which workshops they have completed. So cute! For this workshop, Emma made a little plane. She is so proud of that plane, as she should be; she did a great job on it!



Enjoying some snuggles with her Auntie.


Sophia has quickly tired of tummy time, the Bumbo, and all of her other "baby" toys. She's been ready to move on to bigger and better things for quite some time now. All she wants to do is stand, so we decided to pull out the jumperoo. Emma wasn't very fond of this at first and her feet couldn't quite touch the ground at four months, but Sophia has loved it so far. She can touch really well and even bends her legs up and down really quickly. Her favorite feature is the light-up keyboard.

Taking a closer look at the keyboard.


On Saturday evening, we headed over to Mimi and Papa's house for a yummy dinner. My in-laws have a fantastic covered porch complete with comfy seats and ceiling fans. The kids love it outside and it's so nice to enjoy the outdoors without being at the mercy of hell on Earth (aka summer in the South).

Since we were all dressed in our patriotic colors, I thought I'd attempt a family picture. Out of about 65 pictures, this is the best we got. I have big dreams of the day when all four of us are looking and smiling (normally) at the camera.


Sunday was hot, hot, HOT! Emma and I spent some time outside. She played in the sprinklers and with her water table while I read and laid out. While I took my turn cooling off in the sprinklers, I found this little bathing beauty had invaded my spot:

This is our last "relaxing" week of the summer. Next week we start Kindermusik and Little Gym and swimming will start back up. I also start my inservice classes soon and that will take up a good chunk of my time. Busy, busy, busy!

0 sweet somethings said: