Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend was a blast! On Saturday, we had a joint Mother's Day/My dad's birthday celebration. We threw in a little late Cinco de Mayo flair and had carnitas, rice, beans, and of course, margaritas...oh yum.

We spent the day enjoying family. Emma was in her element as usual. When either of her Papas come around it's "See you all later" for the rest of us. But that's what grandfather's are for, right? Sophia gave lots of smiles and even a few laughs to show Emma that she's got some competition for cutest kid alive. Frankly, it's a tie in my book.


Papa spending time with his granddaughters on his birthday


Nana enjoying Sophia's smiles


Three generations


On Sunday, Emma and Andy made me breakfast in bed after I had slept in until 8:00...who knew that I would ever consider that sleeping in? When a normal day is around 5:00, it's downright luxurious. Even though Emma had already eaten her breakfast, she made a beeline for my blueberries, telling me "Emma just eat one," and then proceeded to eat all but four. She's such a character.

After breakfast was gifts, which included very sweet cards from all three of my sweeties, a new "Mom" charm for my Pandora bracelet, and a body pillow, complete with the softest pink pillowcase imaginable. Ahhh...does my family know what I like, or what?

After we all got ready, we took of for our adventure at the zoo. Small crowds + great weather + happy munchkins = a fantastic time. Emma had the time of her life looking at the animals, playing in Kid's Cove, and running around in their Wee Kids exhibit. Sophia slept for a good part of our visit, but she woke up to enjoy the sights and sounds too.

Once we got the kids packed up, we knew it had been a great day because Emma was asleep before we left the parking lot and Sophia followed quickly after.
I was able to sneak in a picture with Emma, but Sophia was sleeping



Shoveling cow patties in the Wee Kids farm--the things kids think are fun!


Serving up pizza to Daddy


Sophia woke up in time to see the meerkats


I always tell Emma that I need to clean the alligators in her ears after her bath. She was amazed to see how big they actually are. Or is this a crocodile?

Brushing the goats at the petting zoo

After her nap, Emma and I went outside to play and met up with the ice cream truck while Andy made an AMAZING dinner and Sophia continued her 5 and a half hour nap(!!!). We always hear the ice cream truck music every Sunday, but never make it outside. I don't think she'll ever let that truck get by our house again.

Made with love by my hubby. He was so proud of himself and so was I! It was delicious!


Emma after eating her special Bugs Bunny ice cream from the ice cream truck.


It was a fantastic day and I loved spending time with my family. I definitely got pampered today and I am SO excited about returning the favor on Father's Day. My kids are my greatest blessing and they have changed my life exponentially. They, and my sweet hubby, make me feel like the luckiest girl alive.

0 sweet somethings said: