Saturday, December 10, 2011

10 Months Old!

Sweet Sophia,

Your ten month birthday snuck up on me! I'm telling myself that it doesn't mean I'm a bad mom because I was still telling people that you were nine months old, it's just that I was so busy being a good mom and having a blast with you that I wasn't worried about dates! ;)

Weight
Birth: 8 pounds 5 ounces
1 month: 9 pounds 3 ounces
 2 months: 11 pounds
3 months: 11 pounds 8 ounces
4 months: 13 pounds 13 ounces
5 months: 15 pounds 4 ounces
6 months: 16 pounds
7 months: 17 pounds
8 months: 18 pounds 6 ounces 
9 months: 19 pounds 9 ounces
10 months: 20 pounds 6 ounces

Length
Birth: 19 inches
1 month: 20 1/2 inches
2 months: 22 3/8 inches
3 months: 23 1/2 inches
4 months: 23 1/2 inches
5 months: 25 inches
6 months: 25 1/2 inches
7 months: 27 inches
8 months: 27 1/4 inches 
9 months:  27 1/2 inches
10 months: 28 1/4 inches

Eating
You are loving eating more and more table foods and being part of the family during meals.  Your favorites are very small pieces of chicken or turkey. You still eat a big bowl of oatmeal every morning, pureed veggies or fruits for lunch and dinner and four bottles a day.  You are getting really good at utilizing your pincher grasp.  We are so amazed at how coordinated you are!  You have also given up the "baby" sippy cup and only want to use Emma's "big girl" cups. You mostly use the ones with the built-in straw.  You figured out how to turn the cup over and make a big, watery mess much quicker than your sister, so we were happy that you gave up the soft spout cups!

Milestones
Your first tooth has officially poked through!  You have another one ready to come in right behind it. You won't let us near your mouth and it's still hard to see, so no pictures of your tooth yet.  You're still crawling and pulling up on anything (even friends...sorry Matthew!). 

You can stand on your own for about a minute and you've even been brave enough to let go and take a few steps, but you seem to be pretty happy just crawling around.  I'm totally ok with that.  I'm pretty sure you're going to be a terror on two legs. 

You learned to say "bye-bye" this month.  You'll wave and say "ba-ba!" We get a kick out of watching you say bye-bye to yourself in the car mirror. 

What I Want to Remember
You are still such a little love. You love to cuddle and kiss.  You melt my heart when you crawl up to me, say "mama" and crawl into my lap.  You must be learning about charm from your sister because when you get in trouble for getting into something or touching something you shouldn't, you look at us and smile.  It's hard to say no to that sweet face!  

You still love to dance and you are starting to sing along.  Your favorite song right now is "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider." You try to do the hand motions with us and you're pretty good at it! Your big sister loves to help you with everything and you love having her near you.  She can always make you smile.  

You are pretty attached to my hip, which makes it tough to leave you each morning.  You have THE most pitiful sad face I have ever seen and leaving you breaks my heart!  
See what I mean?!? Pitiful!
 Celebrating Thanksgiving with you was so much fun and I am so excited to experience the joy of Christmas through your eyes for the first time.  You have a heart of gold and I love you so much!

Love, 
Mommy

0 sweet somethings said: