Thursday, December 29, 2011

On the Mend

I hope I'm not jinxing myself here, but I think everyone is on the mend.

Sophia's second tooth finally popped through, so her fever is gone and she's sleeping a little better than she was (I'll probably shoot myself for saying that later). 
Can you see tooth #2?
I don't know if Emma's fever was caused by her third molar that still hasn't poked through or something else, but it has passed and despite the "normal" two year old tantrums, she's back to her normal, happy self. She seems to be happy to have the house back in order, although I'm pretty sure she'll be asking to turn the Christmas lights on later, which has become her favorite evening activity.

I've been busy organizing toys and closets today.  I put a lot of the kids' old toys away, as well as some of the new ones to pull out later. It'll be like Christmas all over again when we rotate! Emma got a new tent from her Nana and Papa, so her room had to be rearranged to accommodate it.  She's in love with it and it's the perfect spot to relax and read a book.

Andy corralled the girls downstairs while I worked and since I had all the toys with me to sort through, they were starting to get a little antsy.  They were in good spirits once they were let back into Emma's room and ran around tearing apart all my hard work. :) The tent seems to be their new favorite hangout.

 Emma has been running from my camera lately, but I managed to snap a few of little sister.


This picture cracks me up!
On one hand, it's nice to have the house back in order, but it's always such a letdown because the house always looks so pretty with the lights and decorations.  I try to put it off, but if I don't do it before I go back to work, the tree will be up until June.

I'm hoping everyone continues to feel better so we can do some of the fun things we have planned this weekend.  My Christmas break never lasts as long as I'd like, so I want to make the most of it while we can!

0 sweet somethings said: