Monday, December 26, 2011

Mmm, Mmm Monday- Ice Cream Coffee Punch

We had a work get together a few years ago and one of the things they served was an iced coffee punch.  It was SO yummy and I had to force myself not to drink it by the gallon.

Last week, I threw a cookie exchange for my fellow third grade teachers and knew I had to put this punch on the menu.  I stumbled upon this recipe and couldn't wait to try it.

Oh my goodness, was it good and it got rave reviews.  It makes quite a bit, so plan on making it for a crowd.  It would be great for a baby/bridal shower or a cookie exchange of your own!



Ingredients
1 ounce (half of small jar) of instant coffee
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 1/2 gallons milk
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1 quart chocolate ice cream 

Directions
Bring the instant coffee, sugar, and water to a boil.  Watch this carefully so it doesn't boil over onto your stove and burn your stove top.  I may or may not know this from experience.  Continue boiling until all the sugar dissolves.  Allow to cool (so it doesn't melt the ice cream in the next step).  I made my coffee mixture the night before and just had to mix in the morning.  Add the milk to the cooled coffee mixture.  Pour over the vanilla and chocolate ice cream in a large bowl.  Stir slightly. 

0 sweet somethings said: