Monday, November 5, 2012

Chicago Day 3- Our Last Day!

I was thrilled when I woke up on the last day of our trip because it was sunny and we had a lot left to do.

Our first stop of the day was a walk down to the Navy Pier.  The pier was really cool, and again, it made me think of how much the girls would love it. Someday, we'll go back as a family.

Andy and I walked around, enjoying the view of the city and the lake. We played a game of mini golf and just enjoyed the morning.









After the pier, we headed out to the Sears Tower to check out the views from the Skydeck.  Neither Andy or I love heights, but we promised each other that we'd be brave and step out on the see through ledge. The wait to go to the top was crazy and I just about gave up. We finally hit the top though and braved the ledge to see the views.




Next, we headed to Millennium Park to see "The Bean." There were so many weddings going on and there were brides and wedding parties everywhere!
In the summer, this fountain spits water out at park visitors.
I was so excited to see this building because it was in Adventures in Babysitting.


After the park, we visited The Art Institute of Chicago.  The museum was huge and there was so much to see. We got lost several times, but we were able to see some famous pieces.






For our last dinner, we went to Shaw's Crab House. I loved this restaurant. It felt like we stepped back in time with the waiters wearing white jackets and the art deco styling. Our dinner was delicious and the perfect end to our trip. 


I'm so thankful that Andy and I were able to take this amazing trip together to celebrate a wonderful six years of marriage. I'm looking forward to many more trips together!

0 sweet somethings said: