Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanksgiving Teacher Gifts

Did Thanksgiving sneak up on anyone else? I swear that we went trick-or-treating yesterday and then BAM! It's turkey time.

I realized that I needed to get a move on to put together a little gift for Emma's teachers to thank them for the amazing job they do every day. Since she only has school on Monday next week, I needed it to be something that could be done quickly, but still be cute. Cue Pinterest.

I had seen these cute waffle cone cornucopias that I thought would be perfect, but it involved boiling water and steaming cones or baking the cones...no thanks. One pin caught my eye because it involved dipping the end of the cone in water and then putting it in the microwave. I like the microwave. Unfortunately, this did not produce a pliable cone that could be rolled into a cornucopia shape. It made a sticky, goopy waffle cone.

So I thought fast (it happens) and decided to cover the cone with a damp paper towel and then put it in the microwave.


 
 After 20 seconds, the cone was soft enough to mold. If you microwave it too long, it will burn. Keep an eye on it! While it was still in the microwave, I quickly curled the end of the cone around a clean pencil and held it for about a minute. I removed the pencil and viola! I had a cute little cornucopia. 
 



 

I filled it with some goodies, tied a ribbon and a tag to it and they were cute as could be. The prefect little "thanks" for two sweet teachers.
 


 


1 sweet somethings said: