Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Catching Up

Things have been so hectic around here, but it's been a good hectic. I've been getting ready for our Christmas break from school and planning crafts and other fun stuff for the kids at school. 

Here at home, we've been trying to fit in Christmas activities in between the bouts of illness that seem to have taken up permanent residence. This week, that illness infected both me and my mom. Andy was out of town, so I stayed home with the girls since my mom couldn't be here with them. Even though I wasn't feeling well, it was great to be able to have two days at home with the girls. It gave us a chance to get a lot done.

On Tuesday, Sophia woke up (too) early, so I brought her into bed with me in hopes that she'd fall back to sleep. She did, but spread out so much that she took up the entire bed. She was so cute and cozy that I didn't have the heart to move her.


Emma had a Christmas party at school this Wednesday and I was excited to be able to attend. Being a teacher is a blessing to be able to have summers and vacations with your kids, but it's hard to be there for the little things throughout the year. 

We were asked to bring in cookies for the party and the girls and I had a great time making them on Tuesday.  The girls seemed to think that all cookies they helped decorate were fair game for eating, so I had to cut them off and finish the rest on my own.





After Sophia and I dropped Emma off at school, we headed out to run some errands. I forgot how easy shopping can be with just one child! When we got home, it was so nice out that Sophia and decided to take advantage and went on a walk. She had so much fun looking at all of the Christmas decorations around the neighborhood.


After lunch, we headed to Emma's school for her party and we got to see her sing with all of her friends. She has been practicing her songs so much at home and I was so proud of my big girl!
Only two more days of school and then I have two weeks off with my girls! I can't wait! 

0 sweet somethings said: