Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments

Christmastime is so much fun this year! The girls are getting so big and are able to do so much more. I love the memories we are making and I hope they enjoy them as much as I do.

I found a recipe for cinnamon applesauce ornaments and remembered making them at school when I was younger. They smelled so good--just like Christmas should.

The girls loved choosing their cookie shapes and pressing out the "cookie" on their own. I have a feeling that there will be lots of fun come cookie baking time!






My little helpers loved this activity!



McCormick's Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments
Makes 12-15 ornaments

3/4 cup applesauce
1 bottle (4.12 ounces) McCormick cinnamon or 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons

Mix the cinnamon and applesauce in a small bowl until a smooth ball of dough is formed. You may need to use your hands to incorporate all the cinnamon. Divide the dough into 1/4 sections and roll each section to 1/4 inch - 1/3 inch thickness between two pieces of plastic wrap.

Cut the dough into shapes with cookie cutters. Make a hole at the top of the ornament with a straw. Place the ornaments on a baking sheet.  Bake for 2 1/2 hours at 200 degrees F.

Cool on wire rack. Insert ribbon through the holes and tie to hang.

0 sweet somethings said: