Thursday, June 13, 2013

Father's Day Gifts

If you are my husband, dad, or father in law, stop reading this and come back on Sunday. :)

Father's Day is a tricky holiday. In fact, it's might be the toughest holiday for me, gift wise. The men in my family seem to be notorious for not wanting gifts.  Every holiday is a battle, but Father's Day is three times the trouble. 

I try to keep it simple for Father's Day so that these special dads get a gift, but not something that is as close to nothing as possible.  Last year, the dads received a big container of cashews, stating that we were "nuts" about them. The great thing about this gift was that it was consumable!

This year, we kept with the same theme for the grandpas. Their gift from the girls are jars of Kisses, different varieties, with a cute tag. Who doesn't love chocolate???

You can download the printable by clicking the image above.

I saw the most hilarious idea for Andy on Pinterest and I knew it was perfect for his gift from the girls. It was a Car Massage Shirt that had a town map drawn on the back of a t-shirt, which was used for driving toy cars on and thus giving the wearer a massage. Andy loves having the girls walk on his back and drive cars around on his back already, so I knew he'd love it.

I made mine by taping four pieces of paper together and drawing a template. I put the template into the shirt and traced the design using fabric markers. The blog where I got the idea from has a template available, but I made my own, and included our house and the girls. I think it came out pretty cute (pardon my rudimentary drawing skills. ;)).


My girls have the best Daddy and grandfathers in the world and I hope they feel loved every day.  Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there!

0 sweet somethings said: