Sunday, June 23, 2013

Myrtle Beach-Day 2

Well, we are back from vacation and now we're up to our eyeballs in laundry and adjusting to life in the real world. It's so nice to go back through these pictures and remember the stories behind them. I wish the quality was better, but it was so much easier to take my phone along instead of my real camera.  They'll suffice though.

We got a much earlier start on our second day. We all got to bed much earlier than our first night and were ready to go after a quick breakfast. We started out playing in the hotel's playground while we waited for the day to warm up.  Emma wanted to swim in the pool, so that was the plan for the morning.

The girls played with two boys that were visiting from Virginia and they made fast friends. We heard about Omar and Zane for the reminder of the trip! 



Once it warmed up, we headed to the pool so Emma could swim. She was so excited to use her new goggles and didn't want to stop swimming.

Sophia, on the other hand, tired out quickly so we stopped and had lunch.

 It was a beautiful day, so we headed back out to the beach to enjoy it. We had a great time looking for shells, playing in the sand, and jumping in the waves.


After we napped, we headed out to dinner.  Emma requested pizza so we tried out Ultimate California Pizza, which was highly recommended.  We each got a personal pizza and I was thrilled that I didn't have to settle for plain cheese or pepperoni (the #1 choice for Andy and the girls).  I was able to splurge and I chose the Black and Blue pizza with steak and blue cheese. Oh my, yum!

When we got back to the hotel, I took advantage of the beautiful weather and decided to take some photos on the beach (I'll save those for another post).  I promised the girls that if they cooperated that we could play mini-golf at the hotel's little course. Yeah, I bribe my kids.  It works. ;)

They had a lot of fun playing even if they had no idea what they were doing. Sophia saved herself the aggravation of hitting with the club and just picked the ball up and put it straight into the hole. She got a hole-in-one everytime! :)

0 sweet somethings said: