Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Fun

I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day celebrating the wonderful dads in their lives. Our weekend didn't go as planned (does it ever?) but we still had a great time.

We had originally planned on spending Saturday with my family, but with my sister still in the hospital, we are postponing that until she is released. So there is more Father's Day fun to come!

On Sunday, Andy and I had planned on taking the girls to the Splash Pad, but for the second year in a row, that plan changed due to huge thunderstorms. Luckily, we had a back-up plan and headed to the American Museum of Science and Energy. I have been there several times on field trips, but it was a whole different experience not running after 20+ kids! Andy had never been and it's always a lot of fun.

One of the most exciting things that happened this weekend was that my baby girl hit another milestone. She started sitting on her own! Not for long, and she's still pretty wobbly, but she's getting there. I can't believe how quickly she is growing. We know this will be our last child, so it is so sad to see her change from a squishy newborn into a professional baby.
But she sure looks cute doing it!


Daddy and his Mini-Me


The girls made Andy a stepping stone for the garden. They (well, Emma) did it all by themselves. I manned the paint after they picked (Sophia pointed) the colors for me to use.





Since we weren't able to get together with my family on Saturday, my parents stopped by on their way back from visiting my sister so that my dad could see the girls (and us too, although we know that's not the real reason!) for Father's Day.

Let me tell you...Emma sure is a Papa's girl. We might as well not be in the room if Papa is around. I'm pretty sure it's because he lets her do things like this:

Papa's Princess in the making

While there was a break in the storms, we ventured out to the museum. It's a great place for kids because it is all interactive and what kid doesn't like touching everything?

Andy and Emma had a race to see whose coin would make it down the funnel first. Emma threw hers straight down. She doesn't waste time.


The museum had a K'nex exhibit going on and they had a carnival theme. There were huge roller coasters and Ferris wheels that actually worked. Emma ran around and around trying to find her favorite.


Sophia was a little confused by the black lights





Watching Emma put this puzzle together was hilarious. She couldn't understand why Andy was wasting time with six puzzle pieces when there was a completed cow puzzle piece on the table. She believes in working smarter, not harder. ;)


It was such a great day with my little family. I love getting out to play with them!

0 sweet somethings said: