Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday

  • I'm thankful for Sophia feeling like her old self again. She's been having some, ahem, shall we say digestive problems? She also had her four month shots on Tuesday and she's been in a lot of pain. She was sore and fussy all day yesterday, which made Mommy fussy too. Today we had some progress in the "diaper department" and she woke up smiling and is a happy girl once more.
  • I'm thankful for a two-year-old that can make me laugh even when she's driving me up the wall. This morning she's discovered a pretty persuasive argument in getting what she wants. When she wants something she says that it will make her happy. As in, "I'd like chocolate chips for breakfast. It will make me happy." Hilariously funny and maddening at the same time. And in case you're wondering; no, she did not get chocolate chips for breakfast. I took a chance on the happiness. It all worked out.
  • I'm thankful for still being able to laugh and play with my husband. With money tight and me doing Weight Watchers, our weekly date nights have changed from dinner and shopping to hanging out at home. Last night, we enjoyed a home cooked meal and had each other laughing while we read through old e-mails and played Mad Gab. I love that we still enjoy each other's company and that we don't need much to keep us entertained.
  • Not as deep, but I'm so thankful for air conditioning. I was reading a question on a Baby Center forum this morning from a lady that needed some cool (literally) dinner ideas. She lives in a 100 year old farmhouse that doesn't have air conditioning. The daily high temperatures reach into the 100's. NO. WAY.
  • Sounds crazy, but I'm thankful for my inservice classes this summer. I have LOVED being home with my girls, but I also really love my job. It's nice to have something that's just for me. I've had two classes and they got me itching to get my room ready for the new year. I always get so excited about starting a new year and implementing new ideas.
What are you thankful for today (and every day)?

0 sweet somethings said: