Thursday, June 23, 2011

Five Question Friday...and a Visitor

I'm linking up with Mama M. for Five Question Friday! Today I'm doing something a little different though. Both the hubs and I will participate this week. You will quickly see that unlike me, he's a man of few words, which compliments my big mouth exuberance perfectly. ;)


Hers

1. What is your current favorite TV show?

I really wish I could answer this. I am what is known as a TV junkie. I will watch everything and anything. Picking a favorite TV show would
be like picking a favorite dessert. It simply can't be done.

I actually hate when an new show comes on and gets rave reviews because I just can't add it to my list. I don't have the time to watch it. It's really sad, too, because I am missing out on great shows (from what I've heard), like Glee and Modern Family.

Most of my favorite shows are reality shows. Survivor, Amazing Race, and my guilty pleasure, Teen Mom. I know...it's a train wreck and I just can't look away.

2. What's the worst haircut you ever got?

I can't even type this without laughing.

When I was 5 or 6ish, I was combing my hair with a Barbie brush. I somehow managed to get it tangled up in my bangs. After several attempts on my own to free it, I turned to my older, wiser sister.

That didn't work out so well. She wasn't wise as much as she was impatient.

She tried for approximately 1.2 seconds and then made the call to just cut the darn thing out. Why waste time? It's just hair.

My bangs looked like a jack-o-lantern's grin for months. Thank goodness no one took pictures of me during that time.


3. What was something that you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?

That's a tough one. I guess dressing like a complete and utter moron, but thinking that I looked GOOD. I'm talking I was straight from the dictionary for 90's style.

4. Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun trips?

I wish I did. Frugality is not my strong point.

5. Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?

Yes. I hate flying. But this wouldn't happen until much later, when the kids were older and can turn on their headphones and watch a movie like God intended. Memories of our MN trip last summer teamed up with a screaming 4 month old doesn't sound like anything that I want to experience right now.



His
1. What is your current favorite tv show?

Survivor (since 24 is no longer on the air). Oldie but a goodie.

2. What's the worst haircut you ever got?

I have a very simple haircut, but I did get a haircut one time with patches that were longer than others, stray long hairs, etc. Luckily it was easily fixed.

3. What was something that you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?

Organizing a bike car wash with all the kids on my cul-de-sac.

4. Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun tips?

If you have younger kids, it's hard to beat a trip to the splash pad in the summer.

5. Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?

Yes, but only if the trip involved sightseeing stops along the way. Otherwise you just waste too much time in the car.

0 sweet somethings said: