Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Random Thoughts

When I read this title, my brain automatically reads it in the voice from SNL's Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.  I have no idea why. 

Prepare yourself; my mind is a crazy place to be.

1. My friend just had a baby girl yesterday.  This is her second child and first girl.  I am so stinkin' excited for her.  Whenever someone has a baby I am transported right back to the days my girls were born.  It's such a stange combination of sadness that they're not babies anymore and pure relief that we're not back in the newborn stage again.  There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, like snuggling a newborn baby.  I can't wait to get my hands on this little squishy and hear her make her little baby noises.

2. Just when I think Emma can't be any more like a two-year old, she goes and proves me wrong.  I've got to give the girl credit though.  It is an art form to make someone laugh while they are about to lose their mind with frustration.  Why do toddlers care about the craziest things?  Is it just my kid and her engineer genes?  I can't even fathom why putting one toy away before another would constitute an ever-loving fit.  Her defiance and need to control everything astounds me (and makes me a little nervous!). 

Me: Emma eat your chicken/put your blocks away/put your shoes on, please.
Emma: No, I'm going to eat my bread/put my book away/put on my jacket first.
Me: $#^*@!#&  Ok, sweetheart.

If this hits close to home for you, read this article, 10 Reasons to Love the Terrible Twos.
It's hard being two, especially when your little sister is always messing up your hard work. Notice the tear-stained face from a recently destroyed tower.  Notice the mom that got the camera to document it all.
3. Sophia has learned the word "kiss." When we say "Kiss!", she'll whip her head around and plant a big one right on our cheek/face/eye.  It is the most adorable thing in the world!  She is more mobile by the minute and I'm afraid that we're going to have to break down and put the baby gates back up.  Emma is NOT going to be pleased.  Sophia has been trying to pull herself up on everything, and we have to watch her like a hawk.  She loathes the jumper now, which makes me so sad.  It looks like we'll most likely be getting rid that last "baby" item soon!
Don't mess with my kid.  She'll bite you.

4. Someone found my blog this week by Googling "Sophia tutu raccoons."  I laughed about that for a good part of Sunday morning.

And just so you don't think my children are biting, crying disasters, I have proof that they love each other. 

Ta ta, friends!

0 sweet somethings said: