Thursday, October 6, 2011

Eight Months Old

Sophia, Sophia, Sophia.  You are eight months old today, my sweet thing.  Where is the time going?  Hurry and hit the pause button!!!

Weight
Birth: 8 pounds 5 ounces
1 month: 9 pounds 3 ounces
 2 months: 11 pounds
3 months: 11 pounds 8 ounces
4 months: 13 pounds 13 ounces
5 months: 15 pounds 4 ounces
6 months: 16 pounds
7 months: 17 pounds
8 months: 18 pounds 6 ounces

Length
Birth: 19 inches
1 month: 20 1/2 inches
2 months: 22 3/8 inches
3 months: 23 1/2 inches
4 months: 23 1/2 inches
5 months: 25 inches
6 months: 25 1/2 inches
7 months: 27 inches
8 months: 27 1/4 inches

Sleeping
I don't think I was meant to have amazing sleepers.  Although, from what I hear, your daddy and I were never great sleepers either.  Which is ironic since all we want to do now is to sleep as long as possible, which you don't.  You are still sleeping though the night, for the most part.  Sometimes these darn teeth (wherever they are) interrupt your night, but not that often.  You are NOT a good napper.  I don't know what I'm going to do during my breaks from school if both you and your sister don't nap. I don't even want to think about it!  You take a morning nap and a quick afternoon nap.  You get tired early and fall asleep between 7:30-8:00.  You are still waking up early, anywhere between 5:00 and 6:30.  You usually keep the 5:00 waking for weekends though. 

Eating
You are down to four bottles a day and are eating three "meals" a day.  You have oatmeal or rice cereal for breakfast, a vegetable/fruit for lunch, and one of each for dinner.  You have also started eating Puffs.  You have recently become a little more coordinated when you're trying to get them in your mouth, but they usually get lost in your hands or fall into your lap.  

Milestones
Too many to count!  You officially started crawling this month.  The "inchworm" is gone, and you are 100% mobile.  You have also started pulling up on ANYTHING that stands still (even some things that don't, such as your sister).  Between this and your new crawling ability, Mommy and Daddy have their hands full.  You are such a daredevil and think nothing of launching yourself out of our arms, or "forgetting" that you can't walk, and just let go when you have pulled up on something.  Your sister is thrilled with your new talents, except when they lead you directly to her toys. You understand the words eat, Emma, Mommy, and Daddy.  When we ask you where one of us are you look directly at that person and reach your hand out to them.

What I Want to Remember
When you sit in your highchair and are happy, you "dance" by rocking your body from side to side.  If we say the word "dance" to you, you grin and start to dance.  When you can't quite pull up on something, you sit up on your knees and bounce up and down.  I guess you think you're moving because you smile the entire time.  You make the cutest smacking noises, even during times when you're not hungry.  I don't know if it's simply because you can or if it makes your gums feel better.  You also love to blow raspberries.  You think it's hilarious when you blow a big, juicy one in our faces.  

Even though you are Miss Independent, you are still willing to let me love you and cuddle with you (within reason, of course).  When you lay your head down on my shoulder and coo, then reach up, grab my face and give me a big baby kiss, I know that you'll always be my baby girl no matter how much you grow up.

Love,
Mommy

0 sweet somethings said: