Monday, October 3, 2011

Mmm, Mmm Monday- Swiss Chicken Casserole

I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?!?) and it led me to this mom's blog.  Jill Dubien is exactly who I want to be when I grow up.  She takes fantastic pictures, she makes delicious meals, and she engages her children in brain-stimulating crafts and projects.

She pretty much makes me feel bad about my life. ;)

She promised that even though this recipe is simple, her children gobble it up.  That's exactly what I want to hear.

Here's what you'll need: 3 chicken breasts, 1 can cream of chicken, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup milk, 6 slices of Swiss cheese, and 1 package of Stove Top (unprepared).

Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.  Place your chicken breasts in the baking dish and place a slice of Swiss cheese on top.  I didn't cut them in half and they were too big for one portion.  Don't be like me. Cut yours in half.

In a medium bowl, mix the cream of chicken with 1/2 cup of milk.  Pour over the chicken and cheese.  Sprinkle the Stove Top on top.  Drizzle the melted butter on top of that.  I didn't use the full 1/4 cup.  I used about 2 tablespoons and sprayed the top with my Misto to completely moistened the stuffing. My bottom thanked me just a little bit.

Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken's juices run clear.

Reviews from The Peanut Gallery 

Me: 5 out of 5 stars.  This was REALLY good.  I'm not a big fan of chicken breast (I find it to be pretty dry), but this came out very tender and really moist and flavorful.  I didn't add any additional seasonings and it came out great.  I loved the flavor that the Swiss cheese added.  The only thing I didn't like was due to my failure to cut the breasts in half.  Next time around (and I WILL make this again!) I will pound them out to thin them a bit and cut them in half. I think this would also be good with boneless pork chops.

Andy: 4.5 out of 5 stars.  He thought it had great flavor and he liked the crunchy topping.

Emma: She was in "a mood" today and took her time eating.  She ended up eating all of it though.

Swiss Chicken
Recipe from Meet the Dubiens

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts; halved
6 slices of Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 package Stove Top, chicken flavored (not prepared)
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease baking dish. Rinse and trim chicken breasts and place in the baking dish.  Cover each piece of chicken with a slice of Swiss cheese.  In a small bowl, combine the soup and milk.  Pour over the chicken and cheese.  Sprinkle with dry stuffing mix.  Pour melted butter over the top and cover with foil.  Bake for 50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

1 sweet somethings said:

HollowayHelpers said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds delish! Can't wait to try it! :)