Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall Fun

I love Fall!  I actually don't mind venturing outside since the temperatures have dropped and I don't have to fear melting right on the spot. We have taken full advantage of this beautiful weather and all of the fun things that go along with this time of year.

This weekend, we took the girls to a small pumpkin patch at a nearby church.  This is one of my favorite places to get "our" pumpkins.  You know, the adult pumpkins.  The pumpkins at this church are AMAZING. They are huge and perfect. Emma was only six-months old when we first took her. 
Emma's first trip to the Pumpkin Patch.
Emma two years later.
The girls already had their pumpkins, but they had a great time helping us pick ours, and we were able to sneak in some cute photos.





On Saturday night we took the girls to Boo at the Zoo.  This is one of my all-time favorite events of the year.  The zoo, animals, costumes, and candy?  I mean, it seriously doesn't get better than that.  I was a little worried that Sophia would flip (not in a good way) from all of the people, the noise, and the costumes.  But girlfriend was all about it.  She danced and played with the best of them.  Dare I say even more than her big sister?


Emma charmed her way through the zoo, shouting "Argh, matey!" to everyone she passed.  She had fun on the "Scary-Go-Round" for about 45 seconds and then she wrapped her arms and her legs around the pole, then my head, and shouted that she wanted to stop.  The funny thing was when I asked her at the end if she had fun, she shouted "YES!"  Go figure.






 She was a little hesitant in the Monster Mash tent.  She tentatively danced (aka kicked a foot here and there).  Once I picked her up and danced with her, she finally warmed up.



Sophia, on the other hand, dove right in.  She grabbed onto that carousel pole like she had been doing it for years, laughing and smiling the entire time.  When we got into the tent, she saw the lights and heard the music and started dancing around with a smile a mile wide.



We ended up getting the girls cleaned up and changed into their pj's in the car, then fed Sophia her nighttime bottle before we left, in hopes that they would fall asleep.  By the time we got through the traffic, it ended up being a late night for both of them, but well worth it.  I can't wait to go again next year!

1 sweet somethings said:

Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips

How fun!!! They are both so adorable, I love their costumes!!! Sophia is getting so big! It's crazy how fast time flies!!!