Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just What I Needed

The last three weeks of going back to school, getting my classroom ready,  and leaving my kiddos at home have been challenging.  I have loved getting back into the swing of things, but holy smokes, it is tiring. 

I was cautiously looking forward to this weekend because I had some fun plans.  The last two times we had a fun-filled weekend planned, my sister got in a car accident and Emma got staph.  I did not want a repeat of either.

On Friday, our sweet friends Brad and Amber came over with Emma's buddy, Matthew.  A visit with them was long overdue and it was great to catch up.  My camera went nuts and I was only able to get ONE picture. I can't even believe it.  I have no clue what is going on with it.  Maybe it's forgotten how to work since I haven't taken a picture in weeks. The flash seems to be on the fritz.

Brad was kind enough to let Sophia teethe on his jeans.  She'll chew on anything and everything these days. 

On Saturday, I met up with some friends to have lunch and see The Help.  I had read the book over the summer and had really been looking forward to seeing the movie.  It was fabulous.  I'm usually disappointed with the movies after reading the books, but that was not the case for this movie.  It was fabulously done and Minnie's character just might become one of my favorites ever.  This movie made me want to go home and hug on my babies. 

It was so nice outside yesterday and it had been ages since I had gone out with friends.  It was marvelous to be "Tryna" for a while, although I kept feeling like I needed to be holding onto a little hand.

We met my family for dinner last night at one of our favorite restaurants.  Everyone had a great meal and decided to take a walk down to the park area right next door and feed the ducks afterward.  Emma had the time of her life and was so thankful to be outside.  We've stayed in so much this summer due to the high temperatures.  She ran around the park like a crazy person with her arms stretched out.  She looked like the definition of "freedom." 

Sophia loved watching the ducks with her Auntie Tonia

When we got home, Emma and I went outside for a little bit more playing and I attempted to try my camera out again.  I managed to get a few pictures of my sweet girl since it was still light out and I didn't need a flash.



I hope everyone had a great weekend and are staying safe if you are in Irene's path.

0 sweet somethings said: