Monday, August 1, 2011

Mmm, Mmm Monday- Blueberry Zucchini Bread

During the Week in the Life series, Emma and I made Blueberry Zucchini Bread.  I've had several people ask me for the recipe, so I thought I'd share it for Mmm, Mmm Monday.  I found the recipe in Parents magazine, and since Emma loves both blueberries and zucchini bread, I was excited to try it out. The magazine calls for a few ingredients that I didn't use and they used larger loaf pans.  I used my 8 mini-loaf pans.  If you'd like the original recipe you can find it here.


What you'll need: flour, sugar, canola oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, eggs, shredded zucchini, and blueberries.

Combine your dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls (I went ahead and added my shredded zucchini to my wet ingredients).  Add the zucchini mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. 

Grab yourself a munchkin to add in a cup of blueberries.  They might sneak a few for themselves.  You've got to watch those munchkins.

Gently stir in the blueberries.

Pour the batter into your greased pans and bake at 350 for 30 minutes (60 minutes for a 9-inch loaf pan) or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.


Allow to cool slightly in the pan.  Explain the meaning of "patience" to your toddler.  Let me know how that goes.

Remove from pans and eat warm or cool completely.
Reviews from the Peanut Gallery:

Me: 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.  This is a bread geared toward kids so it could have been sweeter in my opinion.  The original recipe calls for raw sugar to be sprinkled on top and I may have to try that next time.  I also think it may add a nice texture on the top crust.

Andy: 4 out of 5 stars.  He loved the sweetness of the blueberries. He would have liked for it to be a little more moist.  He thought the sweetness was fine.

Emma: I'll let you decide...

Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it for yourself!  Let me know how yours turns out!

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 3 eggs
* 3/4 cup canola oil
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
* 2 cups shredded zucchini
* 1 cup blueberries

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly coat loaf pan(s) with cooking spray; set aside.

2. In a large bowl combine flour, sugars, soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder; set aside. In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil, vanilla and zucchini and mix well. Add to flour mixture and stir until combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.

3. Spoon batter into prepared pans.  Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of each comes out clean (60 minutes for one 9-inch loaf pan). Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm or cool completely before slicing. 

2 sweet somethings said:

HollowayHelpers said... Best Blogger Tips

I have a zucchini recipe I'm going to try soon-if you guys are big zucchini fans I'll be happy to send it to you! :)

Tryna said... Best Blogger Tips

@HollowayHelpersSure! I love zucchini and we get lots in the summer from friends who share from their gardens. I'd love to give it a try!