Monday, August 15, 2011

Mmm, Mmm Monday- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

A few weeks ago, Gina over at Skinnytaste (a.k.a. gift from the Weight Watchers gods) posted a recipe for Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to try them.

You will need: flour, sugar, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla, salt, cocoa, baking soda, egg whites, VERY ripe bananas, chocolate chips, and butter.

Cream together your sugar and butter.  Add mashed bananas, applesauce, egg whites, and vanilla.  Mix on medium speed until thick.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.


Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until just combined.  Scrape down the sides of your bowl.

Fold in your chocolate chips.

Add the batter to 12 lined muffin tins.  Fill those puppies to the top.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Optional: Once the muffins have cooled, combine 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar with 1/4-1/2 teaspoons of water (I used a little more) to make a glaze.  Drizzle on top of the muffins. 


Reviews from the Peanut Gallery

Me: 4 out of 5 stars.  These were awesome!  They were SO moist and chocolaty, especially considering they are only 5 points+.  I only gave them 4 stars because I'm not a huge fan of bananas.  But they were yummy.  

Andy: 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.  He thought they were delicious and sweet and not too heavy for dessert (or breakfast! ;)).

Emma: When I asked her what she thought of the muffins, she said "Yummy!"



I packed the rest of the muffins up for my favorite third grade teachers as a first day of school treat.  I decided not glaze them, because the glaze didn't really harden and wouldn't have held up during transport. 

If you were one of the recipients, what did you think?

3 sweet somethings said:

Amber said... Best Blogger Tips

I saw this on the Skinnytaste site (which I found from your Chicken-Zucchini Burgers). I've been wanting to try these and now I'll definitely have to. They look delicious! I hope the first day of school went well!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Super yummy and delish! You are so awesome to think of us! xoxo

Mrs. K said... Best Blogger Tips

Yum!