Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sweet Potatoes and Sweetie Pies

My first day back went pretty well.  It was great to be back and see everyone after a long break and meet our new principal.  It's going to be a challenging year with lots of changes, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

The girls had a great day with my mom and Emma was NOT happy to wake up from her nap and find Nana gone.  I know I shouldn't take it personally, but I have to admit that it hurts my feelings when I'm "not enough." Once I got her out of bed, she wanted me all to herself and didn't want me to hold Sophia at all.  She kept telling me that Sophia WANTED to play in her jumper.  She's such a character.

Once Andy got home, I had to head out to get school stuff.  It's going to be go, go, go until Christmas! When I got home, Andy and I took the girls for a walk and barely made it home to beat a storm.  The girls were so happy to be outside and loved riding around in the stroller.


I've decided that I'm going to make homemade baby food for Sophia.  I wanted to with Emma, but it seemed so daunting.  It's really not.  I made a batch of sweet potatoes and froze them in ice cube trays to pull out as needed.  We gave her her first taste and I don't know if she loved them, but she ate them.  She gave lots of big smiles when Big Sister came around to watch her eat "real food."






Before bed, Andy and Emma laid down together and read a book, and of course, I had to capture the moment.  Emma has started "posing" for pictures lately, so I love taking pictures of her when she doesn't know.



There's nothing like a daddy and his girl(s).

0 sweet somethings said: