Thursday, August 11, 2011

What I've Been Doing...

...since I haven't been blogging.  I have been so busy with school that I've barely had time to breathe!  We've been really busy with beginning of the year meetings so I haven't much time to work in my classroom and I have felt like a chicken with its head cut off.  We just had Open House tonight, and I've been working on getting my classroom in order before all my new kiddos stopped by.

I put my room together over the summer but on a whim, decided to change it all.  YESTERDAY.  I know, I'm crazy.  Here's what I started with:

This is the view when you enter the classroom.

The front of the room.  That's my ACTIVboard covered with a sheet.

The "old" front of the room.  Once my ACTIVboard was mounted, this became the back of the room.
The student cubby area.  Sorry for the dark picture!
Here's what the room looked like right before Open House:

Entering the classroom.  The table in front does not live there.  I needed a table for handouts.

The front of the room. Still a little bare, but it's a work in progress.

The back of the room.


Our classroom library. Lots of empty bulletin boards.  I need students to fill them up!

Our reading table.

Cubbies

Each student received their back to school packet, a welcome/to-do list from me, and a little surprise.

The kids looked a little scared when I told them they had their first, official, third grade assignment to complete.  They were relieved when they found out that their "homework" included visiting their second grade teacher and giving me a hug.  The little packet is "Magic Back to School Confetti."  It's a super cute idea that I found here.


3 sweet somethings said:

Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips

What a sweet classroom! I loved elementary school and one of my favorite teachers was my third grade teacher :) I hope you have an amazing school year!!

Tryna said... Best Blogger Tips

@MichelleThank you! I LOVE teaching third grade. It is such a fantastic age!

Mom said... Best Blogger Tips

Tryna what a great job you did in your class room I would have been proud to have a teacher like you. you make a great teacher, and i am very proud of you!!
Love you MOM!!