Monday, June 4, 2012

Mmm, Mmm Monday- Man Pleasing Chicken

Don't you love the name of this dish? Ha! We now call it "Yummy Chicken" because it's not just man pleasin'.

I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest and the picture looked so mouthwatering that I just had to give it a try. Plus, it looked so simple to make--score!

Some comments on the website where I found the recipe said that it had too strong of a mustard flavor. Others said it didn't taste like mustard at all. I think it's in the middle. If you don't like mustard, please don't eat this because it does taste like mustard. It's baked in mustard for heaven's sake! However, both of my girls love it, even my picky three year old, if that tells you anything.


Man Pleasing Chicken

1 package of chicken thighs
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, syrup, and vinegar.


 Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, syrup, and vinegar.  Line a square baking dish with foil (PLEASE don't miss this step!). Place your chicken in the pan and season both sides with salt and pepper. Pour the mustard mixture over the chicken and turn to coat. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. Baste the top of the chicken halfway through baking. I put it under the broiler for the last 5 minutes of cooking to brown the tops. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve each piece with plenty of sauce!


Reviews from the Peanut Gallery:

Me: 5 out of 5 stars. I love, love, love this dish.  I have made it several times and each time I say that I'm going to try it with pork chops, chicken wings, in the crock-pot.... I've also made this with chicken breasts and it was good, but I'm not a big fan of chicken breast. 

Andy: 5 out of 5 stars. The name doesn't lie.
Emma: Yum!
Sophia: Tried to eat her sauce covered hand when all the chicken was gone.

0 sweet somethings said: