Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

You know, it's just normal life when one day, you have the perfect summer day, and then BAM! You have today. Today was just one of those days. It started out rough, with both girls up before 6:30 am. Emma woke up in a "mood" and dragged her feet all morning long. She wanted french toast, she wished she had pancakes, she would eat if she could just have a waffle...you know how it goes. This did not go over too well since we had to get ready and out of the house for school.

After I dropped Emma off, it was just Sophia and I. We had a good afternoon; we did some shopping, went swimming, and then it was lunch time. Apparently Sophia had witnessed Emma's breakfast tantrums and wanted to show me that she could do even better. She threw food, threw her cup, screamed, refused to eat, and then cried because she was hungry. We didn't have time to dwell on it because it was time to clean up the thrown mess and pick Emma up from school.

Usually when I get to Emma's class, she's happily playing and bubbles over with the tales of the day. Today, as soon as she saw me, she burst into tears and latched onto me. The teacher told me that another child pushed Emma and she hit her head. That, combined with being tired, did not equal a happy girl. My mommy heart hurt to hear my girl tell me that she tried to sit next to a boy and he didn't want to, so he pushed her. I know these are three year olds and they do that kind of stuff, but it's never easy to witness your child being hurt.

On the ride home, Emma told me over and over that she was really tired, but when we got home, she refused to sleep. She laid down in her bed but would not settle down. Do I even have to tell you how "the witching hour" went? Sigh. Luckily (for me) I met a friend at the park to take pictures of her and her darling little girl, so I got a short break, but then it was right back into the ring.

I had planned on going out for ice cream as a special treat for a rotten day but Emma refused to eat anything, so the ice cream plan went out the window. The girls passed out pretty quickly and I'm hoping that tomorrow can be a fresh start to a much better day.

To end on a good note, here's a shot of my girls in one of the rare moments they were both happy at the same time. :)

Budding artists by ThePeanutPost

1 sweet somethings said:

Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips

I hear ya!! My daughter was in quite the mood today too!! Im not such a fan of the toddlee temper tantrums! Hopefully tomorrows a better day!