Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Week in the Life - Saturday

We had such a great day today! The weather this summer has been pretty miserable. It has been SO hot and this week it has been raining almost every day. We were all getting stir crazy so we had to get out.

The girls woke up at 6:45 and we watched a few Saturday morning cartoons while I made waffles and bacon.  Emma asked to have her nails painted, so I gave her a manicure and a pedicure after I got them dressed. As soon as we were all ready, we headed out to The Discovery Center. I've had a former classroom parent that worked for the company do a program in my classroom before, but I had never been to the actual center so I didn't really know what to expect. It was smaller than I expected, but it had plenty for the kids to do and see. Emma's favorite part was the space shuttle and she talked about it all day.  She loved pushing the buttons on the control panel to shoot us off into outer space. Sophia, as expected, was everywhere and into everything. It was the perfect place for her. She really liked the area designated for little kids, where she could build with blocks and do lots of other fun stuff. There was a planetarium, which I was pretty excited about, but there was a birthday party going on and it was not available.















After the kids had seen all there was to see, we headed to Jason's Deli for lunch and free ice cream. Our favorite!


After lunch, we went to The Fresh Market to pick up some salmon for dinner. There were some major storm clouds moving in, but we were lucky and missed the rain. Emma fell asleep in the car but woke up when we got home and didn't want to take a nap. She laid in bed the whole time, but didn't sleep. Sophia, Andy, and I took a good nap and then it was time to get ready for dinner. The girls and I played and read books while Andy made dinner. Both girls ate really well--they both love salmon!

After we cleaned up after dinner, we had to head to Wal-Mart to get a few things. It ended up being a pretty quick trip and we were back in plenty of time to get the girls in their pjs and in bed by 7:30. Andy and I switch nights putting each girl to bed and tonight was my night with Emma. Her routine is always the same; We say our prayers, she tells God three things she's thankful for, and I sing her two songs. Tonight she was thankful for "going to a new fun place, playing in a rocket ship, and my sister." She always requests the same two songs, in the same order; "Jesus Loves Me" and "Hush, Little Baby" which she calls "Mommy's Song" and has me change the words to "Hush, Little Emma." She gives me three hugs and three kisses (because she's three!) and we blow kisses at each other when I get to the door. She may test my patience on a hourly daily basis, but that girl is so sweet and makes me so proud to be her mom.  Sophia had a tough time falling asleep and threw fits in her bed where she threw her blanket and Rosie out of her crib. I went up there once to return them to her, but as soon as I left she threw them out again. I wasn't going to play that game, so I didn't go back in, but, thankfully, she fell asleep.

It was a great day with my little family. I love the weekends when we can do fun things together!

0 sweet somethings said: