Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Week in the Life - Sunday

I hope you haven't been bored to tears reading all about our life. I hope you've felt like you've been a part of the Stegner family this week! It might be pretty uneventful life, but it's ours!

Today was a wonderfully relaxing day with my family. I didn't even take out my camera until the end of the day because even though I love documenting with pictures, sometimes I just have to be present without the camera.

We spent the day at home and it was so nice to have some quiet family time. Our morning started around 7:00, when both girls woke up. Daddy made pancakes for breakfast, which is always Emma's request. Mimi and Papa came by for a quick visit and the girls ran around like wild children. They always have fun showing off for company.

After lunch, Emma and I went grocery shopping. She is a great helper and "reads" the list while I shop. She made one customer laugh out loud while we were shopping when she told me that she needed to have a Matchbox car that she saw on display because she had been dreaming about having one. When I put mandarin oranges in the cart, she said, "Now, I haven't had any dreams about oranges. I don't need those." What a character!

After the shopping was done and put away, the whole family settled down for our favorite weekend activity--nap time!  When we woke up, the girls and Andy played in the living room while I made dinner. I tried a new recipe that I was planning on posting for Mmm, Mmm Monday, but I wasn't crazy about it so I'll be trying another new recipe this week.

After dinner, Andy mowed the lawn while the girls and I got in our swimsuits and got ready for the pool. Once Andy was done, we all headed out to try out Emma's new puddle jumper. Emma hasn't really been in the "big" pool this summer and she was a little nervous, but she warmed up and asked to go back every day. It sounds like a plan! The water was perfect and we all had fun.




After we were all dried off, we put the girls in the bath and then got them ready for bed. Since Emma took a nap, she was able to stay up for a little bit once Sophia went to sleep and she wanted to watch Team Umizoomi.
Just like Mommy! :)
Both girls fell asleep pretty quickly and Andy slipped out to TCBY to pick up a frozen yogurt for the two of us. I'm going to watch The Next Food Network Star and then head off to bed.

I really hope you enjoyed reading about our daily routine. I know that sometimes it's nice to see that your life isn't so different from someone else's after all. Or isn't that bad! Ha! ;)  It was so much fun for us to look back at last year's series to see how much has changed and how big our girls are getting. I'm sure that next year will be just as big of a shock.

0 sweet somethings said: