Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Week in the Life - Wednesday

If you've missed the first two days, be sure to start with Monday's post. If you want to see what we were doing this time last year, you can go here.

We had another early start this morning. Sophia woke up at 6:15, which was actually good because Andy overslept. Thank goodness for built-in alarm clocks! The girls and I watched cartoons and then had some breakfast. Sophia wants to do what everyone else is doing at the table and has been doing really well using her utensils. Emma takes her role of big sister very seriously and uses every opportunity to "teach" Sophia how to do things. She made Sophia watch each bite she took.

After breakfast, the girls and I got dressed and cleaned up the house a bit to get ready for our play date. The girls did their best to help me by taking every single toy out of the toy box. I guess they were doing quality checks. :) We played in the tent, played tag, danced, had a snack, and read some books. Emma loves to read books she knows by heart to Sophia. Seeing them together like this just makes me so happy!

Isn't this picture a scream? I didn't even notice she was doing this!
Our friend Jennifer and her sweet little boy, Graydon, came over to play with us. The girls were immediately all over him and the poor guy didn't have a chance to get settled.  Once he found out we had cats and a basketball hoop, he was good to go!

After tour guests left, the girls were ready for lunch. They were starving after all the fun they had and I didn't hear a peep from them while they ate. Once they had their fill, they were pretty wound up, so I turned on Bambi and we all snuggled up on the couch together to watch while it rained outside. It was so peaceful and before I knew it, Sophia was slowly falling asleep. I took both girls upstairs and put Sophia straight to bed. I read Emma a story and told her that today needed to be a nap day because she has dance on Wednesdays. She didn't really put up a fuss, so I knew she must have been tired.  It was dark outside because of the rain and I ended up taking a nap too. I love napping in the rain.

Sophia woke up first and had a snack while we waited for Andy to get home. Emma woke up at the same time that Andy walked through the door. She came down to have a snack too and then I got both girls ready for Little Gym. Sophia's class is at 5:30 so she and Andy left shortly after.  Emma made herself (with lots of help) a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to eat before we had to leave at six. That one little sandwich took her 45 minutes to eat. She is such a slow eater. There's a reason she's so tiny!

Both girls had fun at gym. Sophia's class focused on sharing and playing with others. Perfect! Emma's class focused on heel digs, pirouettes, and plies in dance, and donkey kicks and the balance beam in gymnastics.

This picture makes me LAUGH!

Emma was hungry after dance so we stopped to get some food and then came home to give her a bath and get her ready for bed. Sophia had already had her bath and was waiting for us when we got home at 8:00. Both girls get to stay up "late" on gym days. We worked fast and got both girls in bed by 8:30. Andy and I have our bedtime system down to a science. While he helped Emma brush her teeth and dry her hair, I got the girls' clothes ready for tomorrow. That's always such a huge help for me in the morning. School mornings are always so hectic.

I am going to enjoy the rest of my night reading the new magazines that came in the mail while drinking my cherry limeade. It was another great day!

0 sweet somethings said: