Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week in the Life: Wednesday

Today was a busy day, but I wasn't home for most of the day due to a workshop I had for school.

This morning started a lot later than the past few days.  I actually got to "sleep in" until 6:15.  Sophia woke up once during the night and then slept until 8:30!!! I can't even believe it.  I think it's because she knew I had to get up and leave.  Isn't that the way it always happens? My mom got here a little early so I was able to finish getting ready and actually sit down and eat breakfast while she played with Emma.  I left the house at 7:45 to make it downtown in time for my 8:30 workshop.  Unfortunately, the confirmation e-mail sent out the wrong time to half of the people and it actually started at 8:00.  I am NEVER late, so of course I freaked out when I arrived at 8:10.  Luckily, they were aware of the error and knew that people would be arriving "late."

The workshop was interesting and it was nice to spend the day with my colleagues.  I got home at 4:30, so Andy got home before I did.  I didn't get to see my mom, but I called her to get a recap of the day.  The girls did great and they both took great naps.  Sophia was happy all day and fell asleep without any problems for both of her naps.  When I got home Emma was still sleeping and actually slept until 5:00.  I don't know why the girls don't sleep like this for me.  I like to tell myself that they have so much fun with me that they don't want to sleep.  :)

We have a weekly date night every Wednesday and the girls spend the evening with their Mimi and Papa.  I'm not sure who enjoys it more; us or the girls.  When Emma woke up, she was SO grumpy and just wanted to cuddle and I didn't want to put her straight in the car after I had been gone all day, I held her and let her calm down.  Once she completely woke up, I asked her if she was ready to see her Mimi and Papa and she jumped up and shouted "YES!" so I knew she was ready to go.

Once we dropped the kids off, Andy and I went to Calhoun's for dinner.  He had ribs and I had a really yummy salad with turkey, strawberries, feta, and pecans.  Oh, it was good.  From there, we went to Target to pick up a few things and then it was time to pick up the kids.   They had a great time, as usual, and Emma stalled to leave.  Sophia fell asleep in the car, even though we tried to keep her awake to keep her on her normal bedtime schedule.  No amount of loud singing woke her up.

We got home around 8:15 and gave both girls a quick bath.  Sophia went straight to bed and Emma read a few books.  Andy found a pirate cup for her while we were at Target, and since she has been pirate crazy lately, she loved it.  She got to bed a little later than normal because she wanted me to read her one of her longer books and she asked a million questions while I was reading.  She always does this when she doesn't want to go to bed.  She is such a kid.

She loved the sound of her voice when she talked into her cup.

Both girls were in bed and asleep by 8:45 and then Andy and I did our normal nightly cleaning routine.  Now we're watching a movie before we go to bed ourselves.  It's been a long day and I'm ready to relax on the couch with some comfortable clothes and a bowl of ice cream. :)

1 sweet somethings said:

Mrs. K said... Best Blogger Tips

Just wanted to say that I'm glad you're writing more often. I've been enjoying having a daily read of a blogger I actually know in real life :)