Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week in the Life: Saturday

We had early plans this morning so Andy and I got up and moving around 6:00.  Emma woke up at 6:30 and I got her up and dressed.  By 7:30, we were all dressed and had had breakfast.  We were planning on leaving our house around 8:15 to take the kids to visit my parents.  We heard back from the doctor that the culture did show staph, but that the "boil" was getting smaller and was pus free, so her antibiotics were doing their job; making her noncontagious and on the mend. We had made these plans last week and weren't sure if we were going to keep them if she wasn't showing any progress. My parents offered to watch the girls so that Andy and I could catch a matinee of Harry Potter and have a lunch date.  The girls love going to my parents' house because 1) they love my parents, of course; 2) my dad has the energy of a 15 year old and does anything and everything that Emma wants to do; 3) they have a big, empty basement that is full of cars, bikes, and toys for Emma and she can run around and play.

We visited with my parents for a while and then we headed out to make our 10:05 movie.  We wanted to get there pretty early to beat the crowds, and it seemed like everyone had the same idea.  The movie was great, and I'll be honest; I teared up a bit.  I'm sad to see it end.  After the movie, we had lunch at Pei Wei and then walked around the shops for a bit.
My yummy noodle bowl from Pei Wei

When we got back to my parents' house, both of the girls were napping, so we got a chance to visit with them for a while.  When Emma woke up, she was NOT happy to see us, since she knew it meant it was time to go, and immediately grabbed my dad's hand and took him downstairs with her to hide.  Sophia woke up shortly after and then we all headed down to the basement to watch Emma play.  When it was time to go, there were plenty of tears and lots of stalling, but once she got in the car, she was happy reading her books and playing with her toys.
Emma thought she could hula hoop while she drove her car.

When we got home, I didn't have to worry about making dinner, because we were just having leftovers.  Emma had spaghetti, Andy had pizza, Sophia had oatmeal cereal, and I was still full from lunch so I skipped dinner.  We completely transitioned Emma to her booster seat and moved Sophia to the high chair.  It's so nice to have our whole family around the table at dinner.

After dinner, I wanted to go to the mall to find a Winnie the Pooh shirt at the Disney Store for Emma.  We're going to see the movie tomorrow and I thought it would be fun to let her wear a Pooh shirt.  They didn't have anything though.  They had a sweatshirt, but that doesn't really help us since it's been so hot.  We were going to let Emma in the mall's play area, but then decided that her immunity might still be low and didn't want to chance it.  So we went to Chick-fil-a for an ice cream instead.  The kids love seeing all the people at the mall, so we walked around for a bit before we headed home to give the kids their baths.  Sophia went right to bed, and Emma and I read the  new book she got in the mail from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.  When we went up to her room to say her prayers she asked me to turn off her nightlight.  I told her that it stays on all night to help her see and asked if she was sure that she wanted it off.  She said yes, so I did.  She's such a big girl.
Saying hello to friends at the Disney Store

Sophia tried to tackle Andy's hand every time he took a bite.
Emma loved riding the escalator.  She waved to the top floor and said "Bye Up!" and "Hi Down!" to the lower floor.
It was so nice to spend some time with Andy today, but it was great coming home and being with the kids.  Tomorrow will be the end of another busy weekend!

0 sweet somethings said: